· Veteran deejays Lexx, Chino & Belize it will delight audiences with Brazilian, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Cuban, Dominican and Colombian electronic dance music. Catch them live at 11am, 1pm and 7pm.
· Renowned throughout Windsor-Essex for taking Zumba to the next level, Joel Ang will present an exhilarating, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired dance fitness class at 3pm on Ouellette and University.
· Get groovin' to the rhythm and melody of Latin music and learn the moves for Salsa, Bachata and Merengue at 4:30pm. Instructor Ann-Marie Linwood will have you dancing like a pro in no time!
· Hailing from Michigan and performing at 5:30pm, The Island Guys blend the robust sounds of steel drums with modern and classic hits creating unique melodies that will ignite and excite the audience.
· Delighting audiences with their energy, choreography and colourful costumes is Le Ballet Mexicain de Montreal. The breathtaking performance features an 18-member dance troupe and will take place at 8pm. http://bit.ly/1VqfOZx· Closing Saturday night at 9pm is Tatyana D'Voce. The 19-year old Torontorian is an experienced performer with a powerful and unique voice whose style and genres include disco 70's, Mainstream Pop, Rock, and Latin music.
Fiesta Latina is a FREE Latin-American music, dance and cultural celebration featuring live music concerts, dance demonstrations, children's workshops and youth activities, as well as inflatable bouncers, vendors, bustling sidewalk cafes and more. The festival will present entertainment for people of all ages and is expected to attract thousands of visitors from Windsor and Essex region, southwestern Ontario, Michigan and beyond for 2.5 days of unforgettable Latin-American experiences.
Fiesta Latina's entertainment stage will be located at the intersection of Ouellette and University Avenues and will run from 11am - 11pm on both Saturday August 15 and Sunday August 16.
by Deborah Jones Publisher Biz X Magazine